Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So grateful

Some may look at the kids and see that they do without so much… but in reality, they have exactly what they need. They are so grateful for what they have, and their smiles and laughter prove it. I really saw this during my trip during Christmas. The orphanage provides shelter, safety, a family, and a place they can learn about God and really feel His love surrounding them… a life they did not know before.
The kids now call me "teacher" and whenever they were studying, we would say to each other, "Study! Study!" I learned the stories of some of the kids during my trip and one was that Narin is so thankful for having a place that provides food and an education. They are so eager to learn, and I wanted to share a video of Narin teaching me to speak/read Khmer out of one of his school books.
Enjoy!
-Lindsay aka "Teacher"

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE VIDEO!!! Narin is the cutest!! So is Pichhing!! :D

    ReplyDelete