Sunday, July 3, 2011

Encouragement from Kamaria...

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
   before you were born I set you apart;
   I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
 
 Remember Game Plan? I thought that was one of the greatest series ever preached because there is nothing greater than knowing God's plan for your life. I used to be anxious about this, beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what I was called to do. Through the years parts have been revealed to me, and ironically as I have been forced into a season of stillness I have a clear direction and focus, and have discovered my purpose is directly connected to how God created me. As he continues to unfold my moments on Earth,  I don't feel as if I am marking time anymore, I am moving toward the greatest expression God's Love through me.
 
Over the week-end I had a chance to see Green Lantern who is my new favorite super hero. I was so excited I let out a cheer at the end of the movie! The movie gives a clear example of purpose and how you become equipped as you move forward to accept your calling. Last week I talked about  friendship with God. I believe that theme goes hand in hand with purpose. When you are at a place of knowing God and embracing his character he can reveal to you his plan for your life. 

 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.
(2Timothy 2:20-21)
 
As many of you know it is challenging for me to be around animals, but there is a special place for my uncle's dog Dottie. Dottie is a Papillon, a tiny species of dog known for their butterfly ears. Dottie is cute, but her ears didn't develop like the other dogs. As a matter of fact when my uncle came to pick out a puppy she wasn't with the dogs being sold, but was kept in another room. After seeing a parade of perfect little puppies, my uncle asked there were any other dogs that wouldn't be champions that he could purchase. The owner went in the back and brought out Dottie. Dottie came out and jumped on the sofa next to my uncle, and when it was time to leave she jumped in his car without hesitation. My uncle is a retired Doctor so he would take Dottie around  to hospitals and nursing homes to help cheer up the patients. While I was in California I was pouring over  hundreds of pictures of Dottie and the people she touched. Two photos that stood out to me were of a woman that they thought was a deaf mute who began to speak when she was holding Dottie. My favorite was of a man that had been in a Coma for several weeks. My uncle and Dottie entered the room Dottie jumps up on the Hospital bed and put her head under the Man's arm which started to move and you could see he was trying to figure out what was under his arm.  In a few days he regained full conscienceness.  I began to think of David and how he was the son God had chosen to be king, but his father Jesse didn't even summon him initially when Samuel came to his home to anoint one of his sons to be king. 1 Samuel 16: 10-13. God still had his way. Nothing could stop David from receiving his destiny. It blows that mind that even a little dog like Dottie has a plan, and if she has a plan there is surely one for us.
Let's look at Phillippians 2:13:
  
 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

I pray that as you are reading this that God would illuminate his heart to you, and that if God has shown you why you were created that you would be encouraged to go forth into your calling.

God bless you and have a good week!! -Kamaria
  
 
This week I picked the song That Name by Yolanda Adams, my favorite of hers. I pray that it draws you into worship the way it does me every time I hear it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment