Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Encouragment

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

(Phil 4:6-7)

This scripture is one that truly breathes in life to me as one of my struggles throughout my Christian Journey has been dealing with stress and anxiety. In the past I have stressed myself to the point of blindness, and at one point was so stressed I vomited blood. For me learning to develop the peace of God in my life was a matter of life and death. I am by no means perfected in this area but when I look at where God has brought me from I can give him praise. I don't know exactly when the change happened but I know that day by day as I spent time in his presence I began a metamorphosis. I can truly say that If you abide in the word of God you will grow roots that will help you stand against any circumstances. (psalm 1: 2-3) (Joshua 1: 7-9)

Life From inside the Fiery Furnace

The last couple of weeks were challenging. As you know I have been two years in a job transition. Around Memorial Day I lost my financial licenses from being out of work two years. While I wasn't completely devestated, it was a tough blow as I have come so close to being hired several times only to be let down at the last minute. I have felt like I am at the breaking point for a while,and that something needs to happen for me job wise. For a few days I would wake up in the morning and just stare at the ceiling. With God's help I was able to encourage myself and I am in a different place today. In my own strength I would have crumbled a long time ago because as I continue to pray for this trial to end, more and more things seem to be spinning out of control; sometimes I feel like I am free falling. I have moved to the eye of my storm if you will. In the eye of a hurricane it is completely calm, and if you move to far from the center you will get swept away by the storm. I have moved into the eye of the hurricane with Christ and locked into his presence praying and reading the word. I am continuing to be pressed and molded. Everything and every person I put my trust in is continuing to be stripped away and I am seeing Christ clearer every day. I think back to the day I was informed I was losing my job. I went straight home home and stayed in the room with my Bible for two days only coming out to eat. God showed me that like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in Daniel 3: 24-26 I was in a fiery furnace and he was right there in the flames with me. He told me when I emerged from this pit of despair that like them I would not even had the smell of smoke. God also spoke to me about forgiveness that Jesus forgave those on the cross because his destiny was more important than his current situation. I had to release the people who laid me off and the only reason they could let me go was because God allowed it and had greater things in store for my life. I have held to these two truths throughout my struggle. As I have continued in the furnace I have found the tighter I cling to God, and the more I open my tightly held fist and pour out my heart to him more and more of my worries disappear. The words to this scripture are true:

5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. 6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 7 My salvation and my honor depend on God[c];
he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 8 Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm (62:5-8)

This is definitely not the path I would have chosen but I am so much stronger and wiser for going through it!!

I can truly say that whatever you are going through the more of your heart and situation you can entrust to God the more he will give you peace that passes all understanding. Step into the eye of the hurricane! step out of the boat and keep your eyes on him! Reach out and grab his hand while you are in the furnace! You will make it!! You will come out stronger than ever!!!



The song for this week is Strength with Pastor John P. Kee with the New Life Community Choir. This song makes me want to box for Jesus! (in the spirit of course!) Some of the words are Be strong in the Lord and the power of his might/know in your heart every battle he will fight!!

God bless you and have a Good week!! - Kamaria

No comments:

Post a Comment