Monday, May 14, 2012

Back to the 'Bodia with Billy Kleinhoff




Well, here it is almost summer 2012 and we are headed back on behalf of Global X missions to Phnom Penh. Our twelve person team is preparing to continue the work it begin years ago partnering with New Life Church and the orphanages it oversees. I am very much looking forward to this trip and seeing those smiles once again. Smiles that are pushing through a past of neglect, poverty and abandonment. The gratefulness these kids exhibit forces me to be reminded of how God created us...To love one another and to worship Him.

As for me personally right now life has slowed down quite a bit. Which is a great thing except I feel like I've gone 60 mph to zero in 2.5 days. Now it's time to get out of relax mode and in to prep mode for the trip.  I just finished coaching my first year of competitive little league baseball. Two passions (kids and baseball) rolled in to one... what a fun season it was! And if I'm not coaching I'm watching plenty of major league baseball on TV.  Other hobbies of mine include playing guitar, working in the yard and reading whatever book a friend recommends.

Next on my 'to do' list will be helping this team raise plenty of financial support for the trip. Not an easy task ... yet I'm so thankful for those of you who are supporting us in whatever way you can. As Stuart has mentioned below "we invite you to enjoy the ride with us".  We can't do this without you. If you are just now reading through this blog and feel you would like to donate please click here: https://ssl.northpoint.org/ssl/globalx/
We'll be ever so grateful.....

I hope that through this blog you may get to know us a little better and learn more about what it is we are doing half way around the world in support of these children!


No comments:

Post a Comment