Monday, October 24, 2011

10 days...

So many emotions when I hear 10 days.

  • One is disbelief.  There is such a difference when we are over there that it almost feels like a dream. Like I want to go but 10 days isn't a reality.  Only a dream.  
  • Two is scared.  Sooooo much has to be done between now and then.  The team needs to raise money, I need to pack (and pack and pack), what am I forgetting about...
  • Three is I have too much to get done.  When I see a list I get overwhelmed.  I have to get it all done right now, no time to waste.  I was horrible in college on the first day I always had a panic attack.  The professor would give me the syllabus and I never thought I would complete the entire thing by the end of the semester.  Inevitably I would have a break down but then I would get thru that and love the semester and pass with flying colors.  This feels like the same thing.  I need to remember to do one thing at a time.
  • Forth is pure excitement, I CAN'T WAIT!!!  These kids are the loves of my life (and I'm pretty sure I can speak for everyone on the team who has already been that this is the same for all).  And, I can't wait to see them again, hug them, and tell them how much they are loved.  Even for just 1 week.
For the next 10 days please be praying for the emotions of the team.  I still don't know how we will all fully be prepared before we hop on the plane, but as my devotional said today, its not for me to understand:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment